Hi, my name is Ellyce and I am the author here at uswithtwins.com. Most of what you’ll learn about me will be through my writing on my blog, but here are a few things about me:
- I’m focused on happiness… finding it every day, and seeking it for life.
- I’m married to the love of my life, and feel fortunate every day because of it.
- I became a first time mother to twin girls in September 2016. It takes a lot of caffeine to get full sentences out right now, but their arrival into my life has been the craziest, most over-powering explosion of love I’ve ever experienced.
- Family is super important to me. My parents are siblings are some of my best friends!
- I’m an Ottawa (Ontario, Canada) local; while I love to travel, I love even more to call Ottawa home. The food, the entertainment, the people… what a great place to live. Still, I think it’s important to always challenge our community to make sure it’s somewhere we feel comfortable living in.
- I think it’s important to talk about everything. Why don’t we talk about drug addiction, disabilities, miscarriages, sexual assault, or other things that cause us pain and make us feel guilty? I view topics that make people uncomfortable as opportunities to connect over differences, challenge the status quo, and make people feel less lonely.
- I’m a trained Sociologist (Hons. B.A., Bishops University; M.A., University of Ottawa) and love to write opinion pieces, reviews and research articles that align with my values.
I hope you’ll leave me a comment during your visit to my site to share your thoughts!